Who we are
The proPellets Africa website is published by the World Bioenergy Association (WBA). Its purpose is to document and support sustainable pellet production and pellet use in Africa.
Our website address is: https://propellets.africa.
World Bioenergy Association
World Bioenergy Association works to promote the sustainable development of bioenergy on a global level. We are a member network representing companies, research institutions, associations and individuals interested in the bioenergy sector. WBA is established as a not for profit organization and a non-governmental organization (NGO) under Swedish law. The Secretariat handles the daily operations of the organization and is located at the address below:
World Bioenergy Association
Kammakargatan 22, 111 40
+46 8 441 70 84
WBA is committed to the highest data privacy standards and to protecting the personal data we collect and process.
The information you provide is used exclusively by WBA for the purposes of executing our mission and activities. No information supplied to us is sold/passed onto any third parties outside WBA. We may share information with affiliates for networking and membership purposes. WBA’s proPellets.Africa website does not specifically collect personal user information except the information which is willingly supplied by the user.
If you have any queries regarding the handling of your personal data by WBA, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will ensure a prompt response. To know more about your data protection and privacy rights, please visit the Swedish Supervisory Authority: Commission for Protection of Privacy (https://www.datainspektionen.se/in-english/).
Data we collect
Generally the WBA is a member organization. We primary collect data in the following ways:
- Member Application Forms Sent by the Data Subject
- Website Feedback Forms in relation to events, publications etc.
- Payment Systems (e.g. DIBS) while registering for events or membership
- Exchange of contact cards at events with WBA representatives
Specifically the propellets.africa website collects data in the following ways:
- Forms published on the website. The forms are created with the WordPress Plugin Forminator by WPMU DEV and store the data locally on the server of this website.
- When consent for statistics is given: Anonymised information for statistical and web analytics purposes as described in the section “Web Analytics” below.
The personal data we collect depends on the input manually made by the user.
- Contact Information: First Name, Last Name, Email Address, Postal Address, Telephone Number, City, Country, Title (or Gender)
- Professional Information such as: Affiliation, Position in Organization
- Communication Preferences: Subscription to Emails, webinars, working groups
Matomo is an open source web analytics platform. A web analytics platform is used by a website owner in order to measure, collect, analyse and report visitors data for purposes of understanding and optimizing their website. Matomo is generating reports for website owners to take action, for example changing the layout of the pages, publishing some fresh content, etc.
- Data such as computer/device information, approximate location, IP address (anonymized by deleting the last 2 bytes), browser type and other technical identifiers.
- Usage data such as clicks including date and time stamp, search times used, and name and URL of pages visited, domain of the referrer URL, outgoing links etc.
Sensitive personal data reveals your race, political affiliation, ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union memberships, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning your health and sexual orientation. WBA’s propellers.africa does not intentionally collect any sensitive personal data from you to store in our systems. Our intention is not to process such data unless you explicitly provide such sensitive information to us (e.g. dietary requirements for attending our events).
Purpose of Data Collection
WBAs proPellets.africa is committed to our mission to promote sustainable bioenergy development and to offer our networks the most updated and reliable information on bioenergy. The personal data we gather is used primarily for the purpose of:
- Facilitating your access to exclusive content on our website (e.g. newsletters)
- Contacting you to provide information on press releases, articles, event invitations, new publications etc.
- Fulfilling your specific requests for information on bioenergy
- Conduct and administer surveys/feedback on WBA products and services and analyze responses for developing WBA services
- Organize events and workshops relevant to bioenergy
- Provide relevant and updated information about the organization (e.g. New WBA Board, Meeting minutes)
- Post a listing on our marketplace, if the relevant entry form on the marketplace page was used. The user can consent to provide their contact information, when this I the case, the First Name, Last Name, Email Adress, Company/Organisation and Website will be included in the post of the listing, otherwise only the Tile, Text, Images and Country will be included.
Embedded and linked content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Our website content also may have links to third party websites and social media platforms. These links are provided for your convenience only. WBA does not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for the websites or social media channels which we provide links to. We also do not endorse, approve or take any responsibility for their availability, performance, content or for the use of such websites or social media channels or any information contained therein. When interacting with our social media channels and online marketing platforms, your consent and personal data use are covered by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each of these platforms.
What rights you have over your data
You have the following rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
– Right to access (Article 15, GDPR)
– Right to rectification and erasure (Article 16 and 17, GDPR)
– Right to restriction of processing (Article 18, GDPR)
– Right to object (Article 21, GDPR; see point 6)
– Right to data portability (Article 20, GDPR)
You are requested to send an email to email@example.com with specific requests to modify/add/delete any information. We will ensure a prompt response to any such requests.
Your personal information is stored in our online CRM system in our website. Your information will be stored for the time that is strictly necessary to achieve the purpose(s) for which they are collected.
Should you wish to withdraw prior consent, consult, complete, rectify or remove any or all information that we have about your or your organization, you can do so by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with specific requests to modify/add/delete any information. We will ensure a prompt response to any such requests.
As a not for profit organization, WBA does not share or sell any personal data to third parties for commercial purposes.
We may share your data so as to complete a transaction or provide a service you requested/authorized (e.g. organizers of a study trip).
We may share your data with publishers of our magazines/publications for the purpose of receiving said service.
We may need to disclose your personal data if required by law or to comply with a court order served upon us in connection to our website, social media, implementation of EU GDPR or to protect and defend the legal rights and interests of WBA and members.
We may also disclose your information if WBA is acquired, transferred or merged with another organization.
We may share your data with other WBA members for the same legitimate interest and purpose WBA uses them.
We may disclose non-personally identifiable information such as anonymous reviews, usage data reports and aggregate information, for any purpose, except where we are restricted by law.
Cross Border Transfer of Information
Your personal data may be processed outside the European Union – e.g. receiving WBA magazines by external WBA publishers, managing international projects/working groups etc. Also, WBA uses third party services for hosting WBA website, online mailing platforms, web developers etc., who may have access to some of the personal data and may store such data in servers outside EU. Such information is stored only for the purpose of providing the said service. WBA uses reputed services who have strict data protection standards. In case of data breach, WBA will take necessary steps along with the third party to inform the concerned users promptly.
Request a copy
You, as a data subject, can request for a copy of your personal information stored by WBA. A reasonable administrative will be charged by WBA for complying with your request.
The processing of your personal data was self-assessed as presenting limited risks for your fundamental rights considering that only professional information is used, and adequate measures are in place to prevent data breaches.
WBA takes all necessary precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft and misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alternation and destruction through the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical measures.
Last Updated: September 2023